Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Representing international telecommunications company with $40bn+ market cap in New York based arbitration
- Representing international marketing company against allegations of breach of contract and violations of competition agreement.
- Representing US subsidiary of international telecommunications company in resisting potential suit in the US.
- Representing financial services institution in defending against various claims related to residential and commercial real estate mortgages.
- Experience acting on behalf of bank clients defending against class action, institutional investor and individual securities lawsuits brought under federal and state securities laws, and including both fraud and negligence claims.
- Experience defending both a financial services company and its employees against various claims, including negligence and violations of fiduciary duties, brought in arbitration proceedings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Extensive experience assisting start-up enterprises both at the launch phase, and through growth funding, including shareholder and share purchase agreements, corporate structuring and fundraising.
- Experience assisting overseas enterprises to establish a U.S. presence through incorporation/restructuring in the United States.
- Experience negotiating strategic partnership, supply and distribution agreements both domestically and between U.S. parties and foreign entities
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating Operating Agreements, Shareholder Agreements and Subscription Agreements.
- Experience as external and internal counsel conducting multiple investigations into a variety of issues, including potential financial improprieties and violations of company policies such as human resources and privacy policies.
- Managed investigation by US and UK criminal, civil and regulatory authorities into alleged violations of US sanctions by a foreign bank.
- Conducted internal inquiries into potential violations of federal, state and local laws, including inquiries involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, federal antitrust laws, and, state record-keeping laws.
- Representing financial services institution on inquiries from various federal and state regulatory agencies, including the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), Office of Comptroller (OCC), FINRA and various state banking authorities.
- Individual employee representation in front of regulatory agencies such as FINRA, the SEC’s Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations, and, the Commodities Futures Trading Commission
- Representing social services provider against claims of violating state agency rules on patient care.
- Representing multiple corporate clients in third-party discovery requests seeking the production of documents and other information.
- Experience managing third-party discovery responses for major international financial services institution.
- Representing individuals who are the subject of third-party requests for deposition testimony.
- Experience defending municipal defendant in tort claim actions through jury verdict in New York state court.
- Experience representing corporate clients in federal and state court actions.
- Experience representing corporate and individual clients in completed arbitration proceedings.
- Areas of specialization include H-1B visas, entrepreneurial investor visas, trainee/intern visas, extraordianty ability in the arts/athletics, consular process and I-601 waiver of grounds of inadmissability.